Skip Navigation Download Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view PDFs.
Man looking out a brightly lit window

Financial Learning Center

Managing Your Credit and Debt

Credit Counseling

If you feel like you need some help dealing with credit issues, you can talk to a credit counselor. This is a specially trained person who will help you with your cash flow and intervene with your creditors.

The Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS) is a not-for-profit agency that provides credit counseling. Contact the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) toll-free at 1-800-388-2227, or on-line at, to locate a local CCCS office.

Some credit counselors are not what they seem. Before you pick one, ask how they are compensated. They may want to charge you large fees, yet be of limited help. Check with the Better Business Bureau in your area, or ask your bank for a referral.
Share Article:
Add to GooglePlus

Investment and insurance products and services are offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC. Member FINRA (Opens in a new Window)/SIPC (Opens in a new Window).  UniVest Financial Services is a trade name of UniBank. Infinex and UniBank are not affiliated. Products and services made available through Infinex are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits or obligations of, nor guaranteed or insured by, any bank or bank affiliate. These products are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of value.